My lovely bloggy friend Grace, from “Grace, It’s Amazing” bestowed the “Versatile Blogger Award” on me and I happily accept. Why? Because I am rather tired today and had nothing clever to say. So I totally scored on this and just need to come up with 7 things to tell you about myself. Here goes:
1. I LOVE bulleted lists. Really, almost any kind of list will do. Seriously. I make a To Do list almost every day and if I do something that wasn’t on it, I will write it down just so I can check it off!
2. In my life, I’ve had three dogs and one cat and they’ve all been named after flowers: Petunia, Daisy, Rosy and Blossom.
3. In general, I’m a “do it now and get it done” kind of girl, but I can let laundry sit in the dryer for days. Eventually, I will re-fluff it and put it away.
4. Go ahead and laugh – I’m afraid of balloons. Isn’t that the stupidest thing you’ve ever heard of? There are apparently enough people in the world with this fear, though, that it has a name: globophobia. I read that in People magazine, so I know it’s true.
5. I listen to my old fogey music so much that my kids know the words to “Nights on Broadway” by the Bee Gees. They can also recognize numerous songs by ELO, Cheap Trick, The Beatles, and The Cure.
6. I’m a terrible passenger in a car. My official reason is that many, many years ago I was in a rollover accident while I was a passenger, but in my heart I know the real reason is that I’m just a control freak.
7. Before I started reading blogs (and writing my own) about a month ago, I had never heard of Marathon Maniacs, and now all I want in the world is to be one. I’m planning October, November and December marathons – w00t!
So now I’m supposed to tag more Versatile Bloggers. I know lots of you have been tagged already, so how about this? If you haven’t been tagged before and you’d like to tell us 7 things about yourself, then TAG, you’re it!
Totally agree with number 1!
What? That’s old fogey music? And here I thought I was still cool. Bummer.
wow, thanks for enlightening me! i never even heard of a marathon maniac and now i want to be one too! in addition to my nov marathon, i just found 2 more marathons in dec & jan- one of which is a lottery. i really hope i get to do all of these, i want to be a maniac so bad! 🙂
good luck to you in becoming one & w/your marathons! which one are you doing in november?
Sorry, I laughed at the balloon phobia! If we had Marathon Maniacs here in SA I would be one. I once did three marathons in two days. Saturday morning, Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Crazy when I was still living in my previous body 13 years ago.
I also love lists! I had never heard of the Marathon Maniacs either so I googled them – AWESOME! I’m PSYCHED to learn about the Half Fanatics – since I don’t go all the way 😀
Running Diva Mom says
Hey — just found your blog and look fwd to following your journey! I am a pretty average athlete, too! But, you are a wee bit speedier than me! 🙂
I love lists too. Have a great weekend!
Rad Runner says
OH! I am totally next to ya on number 4! ( I get over it) but if there are a bunch of them, I fear someone will pop them, and I am going to get a headache!
Go you soon to be MM!
This was great! I am totally your number six:) I was not in a roll over but I am kind of a control freak:)
MCM Mama says
Funny! Good luck with the Maniac status! Oddly, that’s something I have zero desire to get.