- I’m tempted to say “everything,” but it wasn’t quite that bad. It took me a really long time to feel good in the water. There was panic, there was crying; it got ugly.
- I need different goggles. Mine fog a lot and it really made sighting difficult. Swimming in the actual lake in the actual direction I will be swimming at the actual time I will be swimming showed me that I can’t see where I’m going!
Here’s what went well:
- I love how buoyant I am in a wetsuit. At one point when I was trying to calm down, I realized that even if I did absolutely nothing, I would still be sitting right on top of the water. Good to know.
- Once I (finally) got going, I got into a really nice rhythm.
- I need to get in another OWS before race day.