Happy 200th post to me!! And – yay! – I’m celebrating with a giveaway! Think I’m gonna stop with all the exclamation points? No way, I’m too excited!
Nom, nom, nom!!
Oh, okay, there’s more to the review:
I’m not a super healthy eater. In fact, I’m something of a recovering Cheeto-aholic. I have eaten a bag of microwave popcorn and called it dinner (don’t you judge me – popcorn has a lot of fiber; thus, it is a health food). But last year, when IronHubs was training for Silverman, we started cleaning up our eating a little bit at a time. I’m not going to act like I never microwave dinner anymore, but I’ve at least started to make some healthier choices. One of the biggest changes I’ve made is really reading labels on my prepackaged food. I’ve always paid attention to fat and calories and whatnot, but I’ve never given a lot of thought to what the food is made of. Nowadays, if there are lots of ingredients I can’t pronounce or don’t recognize, I (probably) won’t buy it.
*seamless segue way* The HALO ProBars are 100% natural – every single item in the ingredient list is actual food. They are certified organic and vegan. Did you know that there’s such a thing as vegan marshmallows? I just found that out by reading these labels. Even if you don’t care about the ingredient list, lemme tell ya – these things are freakin’ delicious! Here are the flavors, in the order of how much I loved them:
- S’Mores – when my box arrived, I ripped it open and devoured one of these puppies right away! Yes, please, I would like s’more!
- Rocky Road – super chocolatey and nutty! I don’t like rocky road ice cream at all, so this was the last flavor I tried, but I was very pleasantly surprised by how yummy it was.
- Nutty Marshmallow – this one could actually be a tie for second place with the rocky road, it depends on whether or not you’re in a chocolate mood. Ha, ha – like there’s such a thing as “not a chocolate” mood! I crack myself up.
- Honey Graham – the only reason this came in fourth place is because I’m not a huge graham fan. I like graham crackers, but only after I’ve eaten all the chocolate chips in the house.
My thoughts on all of the bars:
- They’re very, very moist. In my opinion, this is a good thing. I like chewy cookies more than crunchy ones, soft granola bars more than crispy ones, cake more than celery, etc.
- They’re totally nutty. Not like they tell zany jokes or love a good whoopie cushion, but they’re actually full of nuts. Again, this is a good thing. I keep nuts in the house all the time for a quick snack because I love ‘em.
- They’re super sweet. You could easily eat them for dessert. In fact, I did.
- They’re much more filling than I expected. When I opened the first one (at about 1:30 pm), I’ll admit, I was a little disappointed because it was sort of small, but after I ate it I was full until dinner. And I’m generally a two-snacks-in-the-afternoon sort of girl.
- They’re hearty. By this I mean they’re not an especially low-cal or low-fat snack. The 1.3 oz Rocky Road bar has 160 calories and 8 grams of fat, so it’s more robust than just a light snack. It’s a lot of good fat, of course, from all the nuts, but still, you probably don’t want to plow through three of them at a sitting.
So! Wanna win a BOX (seriously, 12 of them! Not just one measly bar) of these for yourself?? HALO, yeah! Here’s how (please leave a separate comment for each):
- Mandatory – Be or become a follower of my blog. Thank you!
- Mandatory – Go to the PROBAR website and check out all their delicious flavors. There’s way more available than just the HALOs! Tell me which one is/would be your favorite.
- Optional – Post about this giveaway on your blog or your FB page or on “the Twitter” (please include @PahlaB and @theprobar in your tweet)
- Optional – “Like” Adventures of an Average Athlete on Facebook (link on sidebar)
- Optional – “Like” PROBAR on Facebook
- Optional – Follow me (@PahlaB) on Twitter (link on sidebar)
- Optional – Follow PROBAR (@theprobar) on Twitter
Yes, this means you could have up to nine entries to win! I will accept entries until next Monday, September 12 and announce a winner on Tuesday. Good luck!!
What if you can’t wait to win and you love a good bargain? Oh, yeah, baby, I’ve got a discount code for you! Head on over to PROBAR’s online store and enter the code BLOGGER at checkout for 40% off your first purchase!!
Don’t say I never did anything for you. Happy Labor Day Weekend!